That’s my family in the photo featured. Lily is the one that looks absolutely ecstatic to be held for the picture. Probably one of the best pictures we’ve ever taken.
For my maiden voyage on this lifestyle blog journey, I thought it would be fun to share some information about me that many of you wouldn’t know! That’s not saying I’m about to share my credit card information or social security number (nice try, identity thieves!) Just some fun facts about me – that way we’re not total strangers anymore.
***WARNING WARNING WARNING: SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKEUP (blood, gore, etc) IMAGES ARE SHOWN BELOW***
Let’s get this list started.
- I was a Girl Scout from elementary school all the way through high school. When I tell people that, some seem to laugh. It’s not something I’ve ever been embarrassed about – it’s something I’m most proud of. I met so many people throughout those years and got to experience so many things I never would have been able to without it. I traveled all over (even to Canada!), did tons of volunteer work, shared memories with girls that became lifelong friends, and ate a lot of cookies… Excuse the picture quality… These are some of the girls I got to share these experiences with. The woman standing on the far left was our troop leader, Donna. She passed away in 2015, very unexpectedly. I wish I could tell her just how much I appreciated all she did for us girls, even when we were difficult to deal with. Those years were some of the best of my life.
- Tim Burton movies are my absolute favorite. Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, 9, Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands… they all hold a special piece of my heart. I’ve always been drawn to his movies – maybe because I’m weird and I find connections to things that are weird (and just a little creepy.) But don’t get me wrong, I love Disney movies so much, too!
- I could probably live off of Chipotle. If I’m being honest, I eat there at least once a week. Usually it’s more than that, though. There’s just something about that place that has me completely addicted. Fun fact: the first time I had it, I hated it. Now, I can’t live without it. Even Lily is addicted to the cheese and rice.
- I’m self-taught when it comes to makeup and SFX. Looking back, it seems like my fascination began when I was 20. Yeah, I already showed an interest in makeup before then, but it didn’t pick up speed until I began nearing my 21st birthday.
The image on the left was on my 21st birthday. It was one of my first attempts at a face paint. The image on the right was a couple months later when I wanted to try out using liquid latex after watching some YouTube videos. After that, my interest skyrocketed. My skills have developed immensely.
Fast forward to 2017 and this is what my work currently looks like. I’m so proud of how far I’ve come, but I still see so many things I need to improve upon. It’s exciting to know that there’s still much more to learn.
- I’m a Scorpio. This may not seem important to anyone, but for those of you that enjoy reading horoscopes: #scorpiosquad all day long.
- I’m addicted to shopping at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, Ulta, and Amazon. It might actually be a problem. But it’s not one I want to fix anytime soon. (I do wanna fix it, I’m broke!) I’m obsessed with buying craft supplies, even if I have no immediate use for them. Makeup shopping is always a good idea. Amazon has everything I could ever want and need, and delivery is in two days! Come on, guys. Don’t tell me you aren’t obsessed. You’d be a liar.
- My favorite television shows include Rick and Morty, Family Guy, South Park, and Dragon Ball Z. Matt recently got me into Dragon Ball Z and I’ve been hooked. Any women out there watch it? I just started the Cell saga and he has absorbed Android 17. I could cry. If you haven’t seen it yet, sorry I spoiled it for you…
- I work as a server/waitress at First Watch. Which means I get super awesome discounts on some of the best food ever. If you’ve never had First Watch, what’re you waiting for?! Get the Chicken Avocado Chop salad and thank me later. You’re welcome, though.
- My mom is my best friend. As I’ve gotten older, I realized just how important my relationship with my mom really is. She was my BIGGEST support system when I was pregnant with Lily, one of the most beautiful and scariest experiences of my life. I’m so blessed to have her as my mom. I’m sure I’ll be sharing a lengthy Mother’s Day post this year – you can all learn more about the amazing woman that has shaped me into the person I am today.
I love you more than words could ever say, mom. Didn’t expect to see this in my blog post, huh? 😉
- We are actively trying for baby number two!! (That was probably the most appropriate way to say it!) Lily has been one of the most beautiful additions to my life. I was terrified to become a mom, especially because she was so unexpected. But she has helped me grow, mature, and learn. She gives me so much purpose in life. I’m so grateful for my sweet baby girl. Lily will be three this September, and I’m feeling ready to expand our family again. Guess we’ll just have to play the waiting game!
There, 10 things about me that you might not have known. (Mom, I’m sure you knew all of this already.) It felt great to share these little tidbits of information with all my new friends! What are some interesting facts about yourself? Anything you’d like to share with our community? Share in the comments below! Link your blog posts too! I’d love to see all your amazing content!
Until next time, Rikki